Life expectancy of a ballerina bun

Thursday, June 28, 2012




I love summer!!! Yesterday, I got a $14/ 60 min massage at the chiropractor (yay, insurance!), successfully mastered the ballerina bun (via a super helpful video from Pinterest), and went to my first ever kickboxing class (kapow!).

I learned that I love this new-to-me blogger, wendyslookbook--she's gorgeous, elegant, a fellow Cal alum, was raised in the foster care system, and also has a passion for helping disadvantaged youth! Talk about big, new girl crush.

Yesterday was full of enlightenments.  In addition, I learned that I look silly when I air punch and more importantly, I discovered the life expectancy of a ballerina bun. I did the whole sock bun thing--there was a rolled up sock hidden under my hair--what what?! It held up pretty well throughout the day. My hair is a bit thin, so I was worried about the sock showing through under, but a few bobby pins took care of that. The true test came when I went to kickboxing class--which was SO fun, btw! I had a suspicion it might not hold up and I was right. No big annoyances, though, as the ponytail stayed in place. The bun just fell down, exposing the sock, which I'm figuring looked like a scrunchie and left me with an ultra 90s look. Not my favorite, but I figure in this day and age there are worse things. Now I know that the gramma top knot is a better choice for exercise class. Although, for regular daily errands, I'm excited to have had success with this new do! Here are some after pics where my face is noticeably more red from having fake beaten someone up!:



1 comments:

  1. HAHAHAH! I love the "after shot". I bet it looked awesome! :D

    ReplyDelete

seaglass and squirrels All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger