Kid summers

Thursday, August 30, 2012

This past week, my moms was up visiting from San Diego and I got to spend a good amount of time with her, my bro, and my sis.

On Sunday, EK and I went to the Treasure Island Flea Market with our good friend Masashi and his friends. With family on my mind, I guess I was especially drawn to the old metal Tonka trucks. My brother, Marvin, would have full blown miniature construction sites in our backyard with a dozen or so Tonkas put to work on huge mounds of dirt. With my pops being an operating engineer of life-sized CATS, the permeation of these toys in our yard was inevitable.

I saw the otter pops later in the afternoon while weekly grocery shopping. I remember Strawberry Short Cook was my fav, based on looks alone for sure. (Although, I bet the lime guy probably tastes the best. I don't think I'll find out anytime soon as I'd now opt for a hippy version.) We probably snacked on these while playing in the dirt with Tonkas. But look, otters were cute even before we knew they held hands!

2 comments:

  1. I was always a big Louie Bloo Raspberry fan, both the flavor and the character. The lime guy is super cute but I probably wouldn't like the fake lime flavor (I like some fake flavors, just not lime ones).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Blue raspberry airheads are so good!

    ReplyDelete

seaglass and squirrels All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger