Fall sniffs

Monday, November 5, 2012






Our friends Jason and Carol kindly gifted us a bag of apples from their backyard tree!  I was so excited to get these and decided since I've been baking quite a bit lately, that I'd take a break and make some unsweetened applesauce in our neglected slow cooker.  It was so easy and so sweet--adding extra sugar would have really been unnecessary.  I left the skins on because they're good for you; they also added a nice texture. 

All I did was chop apples, add the juice of a lemon, a teaspoon of vanilla, a little water to just barely cover the bottom of the slow cooker, and a liberal sprinkling of cinnamon.  Then I set the slow cooker on high, let it fill our house with wonderful smells for 4 hours, and used a potato masher to mash away.

Now that the slow cooker is out, I'm ready to try more recipes that will fill our apartment with delicious fall sniffs.      

P.S. Tonight we're going to see Jens Lekman at The Fillmore!




0 comments:

Post a Comment

seaglass and squirrels All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger