New opportunities

Thursday, December 27, 2012

My thoughtful sister had this flower arrangement delivered to my new job a few weeks ago. It was such a surprise and I felt so loved!  I'm both anxious and excited to tackle the challenges that are coming with this new venture. When I get nervous, I make myself remember I'm ready to learn, grow, and use my experience to help my students.

Right now, I'm suffering from the teacher's curse--being sick on vacation.  It started with a cough and has evolved into a pretty good cold.  I'm hoping to be better by early next week and I'll really dig into lesson planning, which will no doubt feel good.

In the meantime, I'm getting lots of cat snuggles and watching Netflix.  Have you seen Young Adult with Charlize Theron?  It's depressing in a funny way.  Next up, Take This Waltz with Michelle Williams.

Oh, and a pregnancy update: yesterday I had the glucose screening for diabetes and everything checked out ok.  I had to drink a super sugary, gross drink, wait for and hour, and have blood drawn.  In that hour, I felt nauseous and the poor baby started moving a bunch.  I shared that with the phlebotomist and he said many mothers say the baby moves all around after the drink--probably from the sugar rush.  I'm SO grateful I dont have the complications of gestational diabetes, but it would have nice if there were some other way to check for it than pump baby with loads of sugar.  It must have been a lot, too, considering all the sweets I ate over Christmas which did not have the same effect!  Alas. That's a tiny concern, but there is so much more to be thankful for these days.

2 comments:

  1. I hope you're feeling better, pumpkin! xx

    Thanks for reminding me about that Michelle Williams movie...maybe I can talk T. into watching it with me tonight. Did you like it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Boo! Fortunately, I'm feeling better. Still a touch of congestion, but maybe it;s because we keep taking long walks--which is good. I really liked that movie! It's sad, but so good. EK couldn't make it through with me, but I very much enjoyed it.

      Miss you!!

      Delete

seaglass and squirrels All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger