Pregnant much?

Wednesday, December 5, 2012


"mini" chimichanga lunch special at La Pinata, San Leandro

chimichanga (to go) at La Paz Restaurant Pupuseria, SF

This is what my friend asked when I posted on the FB about my mission to find the best chimichanga in SF. If you're not familiar, a chimichanga is a deep fried burrito with sour cream and guacamole on top! They usually have your choice of meat, rice, and beans inside. I am a fan of chicken chimichangas, but bean ones are also good.

So far, my favorite chimichanga experience has been at La PiƱata, but this is mostly because I just like going here.  La Pinata is a sit-down restaurant that reminds me of San Diego Mexican restaurants I used to go to as a kid with my parents and bro or sister (anyone remember Carlos Murphy's?!  La Posada del Sol or the truly great, Casa de Pico).  La Pinata has several locations--none in SF-but I've been to the ones in Alameda and San Leandro.  Their chimichanga is smaller, comes as a lunch special with rice and beans on the side, and can be ordered with a delicious virgin margarita.

The chimichanga I tried yesterday at La Paz Restaurant Pupuseria was more fresh with moist chicken.  So if you're solely focusing on the chimichanga itself, I would go here.  It's also a sit down place, but less formal.  I actually really liked the atmosphere--similar to one of my favorite Austin eats, El Zunzal.  The chimichanga was massive so I just need to bring a friend next time with whom I can share!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

seaglass and squirrels All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger