Good Morning from the redwoods!

Sunday, January 20, 2013

Last minute, Eric and I decided to rent a cabin in the Santa Cruz Mountains for this wondrous 3-day weekend.  Yesterday we hiked 3.5 miles through redwoods in Big Basin State Park and cooked a homemade chicken pot pie (well, we did cheat with pre-made pie crust) for dinner.

This morning, we enjoyed oj, biscuits, and a cozy fire in the fireplace!  I spent a few hours lesson planning; now we're heading down to Santa Cruz for a trip to Gayle's Bakery and to see the beach.

Many moons ago, I lived here for one year. It was the year before I transferred to Berkeley.  I lived in the redwoods, took art history and Italian classes at Cabrillo Community College, and worked as an Activities Coordinator at Pleasant Care nursing home (still one of the most fun, hilarious jobs I've had!).  I'm so excited to show Eric the sights and share with him pieces of my past.



2 comments:

  1. I didn't know you lived in the redwoods! Another awesome Mar fact. I hope you had a great vacation!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Makes me so nostalgic for Santa Cruz!! I'm glad you shared so I could live vicariously through you. :)

    ReplyDelete

seaglass and squirrels All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger