Seriously. Just Seriously. Home Birth.

Friday, January 25, 2013

I don't know if I'm brave, strong enough to have a home birth, but this video is SO beautiful and inspiring.  You must read the "3 important things" of backstory by the filmmaker.

We're looking into it and have a meeting scheduled to meet with a highly recommended midwife and doula home birth team the day before my birthday.  My prenatal yoga teacher recommended them and even our current midwife at UCSF had great things to say about them.  We're in the information gathering phase right now and I just need more info before we can decide if it's something I feel comfortable enough to do.  It's sort of silly, but one factor we're concerned about is whether or not our 1930s (?) third floor apartment rental can handle the weight of the pool filled with water in our living room!

But. Seriously.  I'm just so happy to have come across this.  I really love the filmmaker's blog, by the way.  I wish he still kept it up, but that's ok.

Oh, and Devendra. Slays me.


2 comments:

  1. my lady, you are most certainly brave enough and strong enough to have a home birth if that is what you want!

    and that video is really beautiful.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, thank you and I hope so!! We are meeting with the midwife and doula today straight after work. I'll let you know how it goes!

    ReplyDelete

seaglass and squirrels All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger