35 weeks + Crazy Eyes

Monday, March 18, 2013




A friend said this picture looks fake.  I think she's right!  Earlier in my pregnancy, I used to look at all the super pregnant ladies in my prenatal yoga class and think that it looked like they were just hiding a basketball under their shirts.  Now that's me.  It's strange to have your body be so different, but I'm trying to enjoy this body while I have it--complete with all the noises I make when I need to bend down, get out of bed, or roll over on my side.  

This weekend, Eric and I caught a matinee at the Roxie of Birth Story, a documentary about Ina May Gaskin.  My friend, Sara, recommended her book when I first found out I was pregnant.  It's been the best book I've read so far on the subject.  Her chapter on sphincter law makes so much sense!  The film was filled with different women delivering their children naturally so it was quite inspirational (it also contained an interesting subplot about Ina May's husband, essentially being their group's spiritual or what I'll just go ahead and call "cult" leader--those 70s hippies!).  It was also good for us to see how--for lack of a better descriptive--"dead" so many babies seem when they are first born.  It's not like the movies; they are purple, blue, still, and silent!  Knowing this in advance will hopefully help us be less scared in those first few moments.  

On Sunday, we met a friend for brunch at Plow.  Arriving around 11, we had to wait close to an hour, but we did end up loving their lemon ricotta pancakes and kale salad.  Now I can cross off this place from our "Places we must go" list.  

Well, the countdown is ON.  I have 2.5 days of work left until Spring Break.  Then, I return to work for 7 more days and will finally begin maternity leave on April 10, 1 week before my due date.  There's much planning work to do before then to make sure that my students are prepped as best as possible for their state test.  Then, I get to relax and have time to gather final necessities for baby!  Mentally and physically, I'm very much looking forward to it.  Especially considering, I almost cried this morning when I discovered one of the few pairs of work pants that still fit were wrinkled in the laundry basket.  I had a pity party for myself--whining to Eric, "I have nothing to wear!"  I need to remember: BREATHE, stay calm, I can do this, and my body can do this.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

seaglass and squirrels All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger