Due Date + Papa Cake

Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Today is the Baby's estimated due date! I have had a feeling that baby would come a bit after, but this day still feels special in an odd way. Because I have yoga tonight, we went ahead and had the due date date yesterday with pizza and Argo. The pizza was delicious and Argo was entertaining. What is it about men with long 70s hair and beards? Hotthotthott.

We were also celebrating a big work deadline for Eric. For that, we made him his favorite cake from when he was little--black cherry. It's kind of like Black Forest cake, but with choco frosting instead of whipped cream and the cherries + cherry syrup are mixed into the cake batter.

Today, I went to acupuncture, which I LOVE. Then, Yvonne (Eric's mom, who arrived last Wed evening and is seriously the BEST) treated us to mani/pedis. I choose a cherry pink and it makes me feel better about swollen feet and cankles. :D We returned to the apartment and made my sister's chili recipe in the crock pot. We plan to have it for lunch tomorrow and then to freeze for post-partum meals.

My first week of maternity leave has flown by! I've been having so much fun-- first running around and getting loads of last minute things for the baby and post-partum, now relaxing more and cooking/ baking. The next thing on my list is to begin attacking the backlog of emails I need to send.

Yoga class was so nice tonight. It's strange to be the "elder" as my teacher called me tonight or the one furthest along. I'll miss the community, but look forward to the next part: Mama + Baby yoga with my favorite teacher.

P. S. I love that Eric is wearing an old AmeriCorps *NCCC sweatshirt that I inherited from my Team Leader when we were finishing up our year of service back in 1997!



0 comments:

Post a Comment

seaglass and squirrels All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger