Mama pics

Monday, August 19, 2013

I've been a bit camera shy since having the baby, but luckily getting over it.  3 1/2 months out, I've been making it to a few regular yoga classes, the ones I used to go to before being pregnant.  I'm trying to be patient with myself as I slowly regain strength and stamina.  Marlo is such a visceral reminder for me to be kind to myself.  I wouldn't want her to feel bad or self-conscious about her body and I know my own body issues can influence the way she views herself.  So I'm just doing my best to be healthy and keep realistic goals, while appreciating my body for everything it does and can do.  To combat some post partum blues about not fitting into old clothes (sounds so vain, but it has bothered me), I tell myself: I am grateful for my body.

And look at that little baby smile--it's too much! Eric has started reciting the prime numbers in a funny voice to Marlo and she loves it!  He did that in order to get her to smile for the bottom pic.  I love it when he announces, "Fibonacci sequence!" and begins reciting those numbers, as well.  Apparently, prime numbers, the Fibonacci sequence, and all over body kisses are the secrets to cracking baby MJ's smile.



4 comments:

  1. you look beautiful, sweetie! that color red is so nice on you.

    and that tiny smile is too much- of course, i also find the Fibonacci sequence hilarious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ok lady, you look gorgeous and glowy. and I want to steal your baby!! look at her cheeks!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww, thanks so much, Lovelies! I must attribute the glow to my favorite new face serum. Since I found out I was pregnant, I've been more conscious about trying to use organic products. I like that it's made in CA, too. :)

    http://www.earthtuface.com/collections/face/products/face-serum-9oz-25ml

    ReplyDelete

seaglass and squirrels All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger