Be still my heart: Bill Callahan

Wednesday, August 8, 2012






Last night I was once again blown away by the silver fox who is Bill Callahan.  Last night, were caught his tour documentary and a short set at the Vogue Theatre.  He has been stealing my heart since I was a starry-eyed teenager.  In a great coincidence for me, we moved to Austin around the same time in 2005.  Over the years I was able to catch many of his shows, including the above in-store at Waterloo Records (remember, Susan?!) and him opening for The Swell Season at The Paramount (a perfect memory from when Eric and I first started dating!).  Above is an oldie of his and the cover by Chan Marshall.    

He was pretty humorous last night.  This being the last leg of a brief tour of LA, Big Sur, and SF, an audience member asked if he liked Big Sur (redwoods + ocean).  To which he responded in his cheeky monotone, "I'm the only person who doesn't like Big Sur."  Then, "I've seen better."  :)   

He is sososo impressive live; please go see him if you have the opportunity!

BTW, I had no idea this was going on, but how cool?!!  And he helps teach youngins to write?  Be still my heart. 


0 comments:

Post a Comment

seaglass and squirrels All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger