Persepolis dress, TTFN

Wednesday, October 3, 2012







Heading into Berkeley today to meet a girlfriend for lunch, which means I should stop by Anthropologie to return my beloved "Persepolis" dress. I picked this up last week while shopping for a dress to wear to my BFF's wedding in Portland later this month. So this is not the dress I bought to wear to her wedding, but something I couldn't keep myself from bringing along to the register after trying it on, seeing its super sale price, and its deal sealer: POCKETS. 

I remember loving this dress when I first saw it this summer, but not willing to drop the hefty $168. I love its cheery colors and most of all the amazing print whose faces remind me of characters from Marjane Satrapi's, Persepolis! It's been awhile since I've read or seen those graphic novels so maybe my memory is a bit off, but these faces are so cool regardless. Sadly, there is no room in my budget for this dress--even after its $40 sale price--so I will pretend I own it with this picture. Persepolis dress, it was fun while it lasted!

UPDATE: It turns out that because the dress I purchased for my BFF's wedding went on sale and Anthro honored the price adjustment, I was able to keep this fun dress.  I've been making it work for fall by layering it with a shirt, tights, and boots.  It's also a bit roomy for my usual size so I'm hoping I'll be able to wear it through my 2nd trimester.  Hoorah for interesting prints and sales!  

0 comments:

Post a Comment

seaglass and squirrels All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger