Growing family <3

Thursday, October 18, 2012


I am absolutely overwhelmed with happiness to share that Eric and I are expecting our first baby!!!  As of yesterday, I am 14 weeks, which means I have just begun my second trimester.  I have been going often to prenatal yoga classes and am grateful for this new-to-me community of mama-to-be's.  I've even been feeling well enough to go to my old regular classes one or two times a week.  I am so excited to meet our baby and don't even get me started on ALL of the books that I am planning for the lil' one's library!!  At each ultrasound appointment we've had, I've teared up every time we hear the little heartbeat or see images of tiny hands and feet.  We've chosen a midwife at the UCSF Birthing Center and I feel fortunate that our insurance is allowing us this option.  Overall, THANKFULNESS is the feeling in my heart.  

While I dearly miss my old job as an English teacher in an Austin, TX,  public middle school, I am extremely grateful for this time to rest and listen to my body.  The first trimester was a bit rough with what seemed like never-ending nausea, but as I begin to feel like my old self again I plan on finding some part-time tutoring or subbing gigs.  It will feel good to be inspired by kiddos again and feel that fire that comes from helping students "get" new concepts, gain confidence, and grow in their love of learning.  My heart quickens as I think about how I'll soon be a full-time teacher for our own sweet baby!

1 comments:

  1. Congratulations to you! That is so wonderful, and I am glad you're feeling a little better. Teachers make awesome mothers! :)

    ReplyDelete

seaglass and squirrels All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger