Mio & Mrs. Johnson's

Sunday, November 25, 2012

I present you with a beloved person and place we visited a few weekends ago on our quick trip to Austin.

Mio is our dear friend, who was with Eric in the math PhD program at UT. Mio is one of my favorite people. He has the coolest name ("mine" in Italian), great style, quirky sense of humor, and tells really good stories.

Mrs. Johnson's is only home of the best doughnuts I've ever tasted in my life--but you have to order what's fresh! And we did just that. After some Moscow mules with Mio (virgin for me, of course) at The Tigress, we all headed to Mrs. Johnson's for delicious in our moufs. I got so excited by the running doughnut-making machines that I neglected to take pictures of the ready-to-eat doughnuts! You'll just have to trust me--they are great. I've spent many a late night with friends--especially my grad school cohort--at Mrs. Johnson's, devouring doughnuts so fresh they melt in your mouth.






0 comments:

Post a Comment

seaglass and squirrels All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger