Sunday brunch

Wednesday, November 21, 2012

That first picture is awful and hilarious! I like how EK accidentally got in it to give Rene a perfect elbow head.







This Sunday, our sweet friends came over and we all cooked brunch together. EK made banana cinnamon waffles, Rene cooked up the bacon, and Selena prepared an awesome sweet potato hash and sautéed kale. (I assisted and cleaned as we went.). Our kitchen is fairly small, but I think it was especially nice to "dance" around each other as we cooked.

The food turned out insanely delicious, too. One of the many perks this second trimester is that food now tastes especially good--complete opposite of first trimester! I also find myself very much enjoying things that would have me gag in the past (pre-pregnancy), like bacon fat in the sweet potato hash. All I can say is, NOM.

I hope you are enjoying the extra joy and excitement in the air already from the holidays. Last night, I went to yoga then hopped on a red-eye for Hilton Head, SC. I love how there are white rocking chairs in both the NC and SC airports. I'm a little delirious, but looking forward to seeing family and the ocean!






0 comments:

Post a Comment

seaglass and squirrels All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger