POLKA DOT JEANS

Thursday, August 2, 2012



Girrrrrrl, those blasted jeans finally went on sale and even though they were still a pretty penny, I went for it!  This payday (Disclaimer: That song is awesome, but I do not endorse its many drug references. :D) was an extra nice one for many teachers.  We received our hard-earned stipends & bonuses for the year.  I did something that felt GREAT: I paid my mom the money I owed her.  She had graciously lent me enough to purchase my trusty Toyota Corolla and now my car is paid off--woot!  I took the remaining money and splurged on these polka dot jeans.  I've had my eye on these since my LadyLoves and I tried them on our very first day of summer break.  I've also budgeted for them and will not be making any more clothing purchases for a few months. 

I didn't think I'd end up with the coral ones, but they were sold out in my size in grey, and the navy with larger dots weren't especially flattering on me.  I tried the coral just to see, but really ended up liking them on.  I've also been searching for the perfect pair of red jeans for many moons.  They are really soft and stretchy, which equals comfortable.  Even though I look like the above pics when I wear them, I'll pretend I look like Jessica Alba in these red hott jeans:


The day kept getting better and better.  I headed out to San Leandro to visit my bro, his girlfriend who had just returned from a study abroad trip in Kyoto, and Esme (my brother is taking care of my kitty for the year, as we're at cat capacity in our city apartment).  I also enjoyed a coveted dose of sunshine.  It's usually around mid 60s in SF, but it was a wonderful 80 degrees at my brother's house!  I loved getting to see Esme enjoying his backyard.  It was also sweet to see her following her new buddy Sophie, my brother's dog who is a mellow beagle mix.  

After being there a bit, I found Marvin (my bro) had pulled my car into his driveway and was washing it!  It had needed a good washing, but I was in no way expecting him to wash it for me.  He even vacuumed the inside and changed the cabin filter.  It was so nice.  I felt like a kid returning home from college and enjoying the comforts of being home.




Later that evening, I met Eric and friends for a delicious vegan dinner at Gracias Madre in the Mission.   Everything was so good, and look at that heaping pile of kale!  I've been trying to eat more leafy greens. I'm pretty sure I met the quota that night.  Hoorah for a wonderful day filled with sunshine, family, and friends.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

seaglass and squirrels All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger