Warby Parker?

Friday, August 3, 2012


warby parker frames.  banana republic cardigan.  hunt gather style necklace.

Are these Warby Parker frames the ones?  I've been girl crushing on Naomi Davis of Rockstar Diaries and have loved her large tortoise shell frames for ages.  I tried these on back in April at the SXSW Warby Parker Showcase.  Two of my girlfriends have Warby Parker frames and I'm always blown away by how cute they are in person, too (Eri, these are not the same as yours, ya?).  I suppose it's not fair to only provide one option, but these are the only tortoise shells I've tried.  

I wear contacts ALL the time and my eyes would probably appreciate a break, especially in the evenings when reading in bed.  Currently, I either fall asleep with contacts in or place the book so close to my face that my nose grazes the pages (I'm extremely nearsighted)!  Do you have recommendations of other frames that are similar to this style that I should try?  Or are these good enough to go for?  What say you?     


To change topics, here are some pretty succulents and yellow flowers just outside our front door.  Happy Friday, Y'all!



3 comments:

  1. Those glasses look great on you - love them! Also, I wanted to thank you for your sweet comment on Friday - so sweet of you. Made me so happy to read it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's been nice reading your blog since you moved and knowing what you're up to. I've been keeping up with your posts pretty well.

    Those frames look nice, but there's something about the shape of them that seems a little odd to me. Kind of square-ish on top but round-ish on the bottom? I definitely like the tortoiseshell, though--I think it would go well with your coloring and other stuff you wear. Some styles (like something really round or the right kind of catty shape) would be particularly grampa chic. One nice thing about wearing contacts most of the time is that you can let your glasses be a little more adventurous or aggressively nerdy or whatever without being wedded to that look all of the time. (Though that was my plan when I got my first pair of vintage catty frames and I've hardly taken a break since. Still, I'm not a typical case.)

    Anyway, just thought I'd chime in about that and let you know I've been reading what you're posting here. Take care, sweetcakes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shoko, thank you and it's the truth! I was so happy to find that beautiful pic and even more pleased to connect a great personality with it. :)

    Susan, thanks for speaking up! I've been also looking at some fun cat-eye-ee frames now. <3

    ReplyDelete

seaglass and squirrels All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger